WHO WE ARE
AcuityTec is a leading provider of Global Risk Management, Fraud Prevention, Know Your Customer, Compliance, User Authentication and Live Monitoring Solutions.
Our all-in-one Risk Management and Anti-Fraud platform helps online businesses verify users at account creation, login, KYC checkpoints and transaction level; we evaluate customer patterns, behaviours and transactions risk in real-time.
GDPR IS IMPORTANT TO US
Safeguarding your privacy and keeping your personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) secure is the top priority at Acuitytec.
WE ARE ACUITYTEC
For the most part, we are a “Data Processor” whereby we process Personal Data that we receive from merchants (“Customers”) for the provision of our Services. Customers receive Personal Data from you or others.
In some cases (e.g. our Websites), we are a “Data Controller” for the Personal Data that you give to us directly.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
As a Data Processor, we receive your Personal Data from our Customers. We only process your Personal Data at their direction through their use of our Services which are governed by contracts.
As a Data Controller, we collect Personal Data to provide the best possible experience when you utilize our Website for example, or when you contact us about our Services.
We collect information in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- Communicate with us by phone, e-mail, Skype or scheduled on-site meeting
- Apply for a job or register for a product demo
- Participate in surveys, promotions and special offers
- Submit Personal Data through our feedback form
- Join an email mailing list
- Request support from our Risk Management team for Acuitytec Services
- Submit Personal Data through our Website
- Use our Services
We also collect supplemental information from other sources, including:
- From third parties such as Acuitytec providers and vendors
- From publicly available sources of information
- At summits, conferences, trade events, and expos
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT
Examples of Personal Data we may collect include:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, promotions and special offers
WHY DO WE COLLECT IT
Acuitytec collects Personal Data to better understand your business needs and interests, improve our customer service, operate the Services we provide to Customers, personalize communications and for marketing of our Services.
As a Data Processor, we collect and use your Personal Data in accordance with the contractual obligations we have with our Customers. As a Data Controller, we collect and use your Personal Data only when you have provided us with your consent.
We may use your Personal Data to:
- Provide you with information, or services
- Improve our products and services
- Promote and market Acuitytec’s services
- Provide fraud risk assessment about your registered information to our Customers
- Provide you with information regarding your account and the Services you purchase from Acuitytec
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Customize the Services according to your needs and interests
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH
We will not sell your information to third parties. Unless you give us your permission, we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Personal Data may be shared with third party service providers who need the Personal Data to perform their work on Acuitytec’s behalf, such as data validation services, authentication features, email and Call/SMS communications providers. These trusted third parties are authorized to use the Personal Data only as necessary to provide their services. Acuitytec takes appropriate steps to ensure that third parties protect your Personal Data. Acuitytec may share data with its providers and vendors and will only use the data as described in this Policy. Additionally, your Personal Data may be disclosed as required by law and when we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Links to other websites
Our Website include links to other sites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit Personal Data to any of those sites, their use of your information is governed by their respective privacy policies.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
As a Data Controller, for Personal Data that Acuitytec receives from you directly, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
All of your rights above can be exercised by Contacting Us as specified below.
As a Data Processor, we provide trusted identity verification services to our Customers that involve the processing of Personal Data, on their behalf. Inquiries relating to Personal Data that we process through our Services on behalf of our Customers should be directed to our Customers.
You can visit our Website without providing any Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain features of our Website.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the vital work we do and our Services, then you can either choose not to submit any Personal Data to us or access the unsubscribe option with the email communication or unsubscribe via this email address: email@example.com.
You can change your marketing preferences at any time by Contacting Us.
DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Acuitytec will process and store personal data as per GDPR compliance.
Acuitytec has in place effective physical, technical, organizational and administrative measures and safeguards for data collection, processing and movement to secure personal data of individuals and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information as in accordance with GDPR compliance. Acuitytec will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers, which are fully compliant with the GDPR.
Data Security remains our highest priority, and we continue to innovate and invest in a high bar for security and compliance.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We will respond to all requests, inquiries, or concerns within seven (7) business days.